Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Quality Maniac: World of Warcraft. Pet Battles, part 2. Frostwolf Ghostpup

ok this bug really annoys me because its so obvious (and also just really annoying for me eyes). Its not happening once or twice but its 100% consist with several characters battling any type of trainers or free roaming pets.

So I assume no one has simply not played with this pet.

And that is kinda weird because its the archeology rare reward (orc clans to be specific), I am assuming its one of the most played/sought after pet.



So its the Frostwolf Ghostpup, I am huge sucker or Undead Pets which if you ask me is the best type of pets. And this rare like most other archeology rare is really good. 

Clearly -- Its HUGE. It should around the size of the pet to the left(Fossilized Raptor) if not smaller. It does not even fits its allocated box in the UI and its face is truncated. The kun la runt to the right si far bigger then it so its should be really small. Its kinda hard to see how big its in game but this is bug is just not happening once or so as I mentioned its a 100% each time the player want to swap pet or goes into pvp.

In pvp the pick pet screen is right away and it will look the same overly big.


Here is another example. 


 Here is with another character, another class etc. To verify thats its not some type of DK only bug.

And to realy show that it always happens. And I say this is a tip for QA developers I have also tested it in other slots and other set ups.


Here I back to my main character, Death Knight. But I have changed the position of the Frostwolf  ghostpup to the first slot instead and changed the other pets completely to see if it always happens.

Lastly the bug also is in the pet team UI window:


Both in the currently selected Pet(top window) and in the team boxes this pet is super huge. Its not as annoying as with the pet select screen because even do it does truncate outside it allocated box a little not as much. For me at least in the pet select it upsets me eyes a little as the screen is teared each time the pet is moving in and out of the box size.
 Well I have had a long time eye injure on my left eye, which I actually see as an asset with QA and Design. Yes it hurts easily from both aliasing, truncations etc and also especially from bad color schemes, no joke e.g Red and Teal next to each other makes me left eye literally painfully watery almost instantly. Gives me a + to see what does not work in an UI :)

And I hope they can fix this as its starting to get quite annoying for my sight.