Sunday, December 21, 2014

Quality Maniac: Hearthstone. UI Bug / issues.

Now here is something that has actually annoyed me for over a year. I have almost learned to live with it.
 I mean its actually quite surprising that I know this will happen and I still do not manage to avoid it happening...maybe I just hold my mouse on the same place on the screen all the time for whatever reason. 

So this happen to me all the time, every time I do arena pretty much.


So after you have paid for an arena run you get this screen. Here the goal for the user should be to get the class pick screen. 


This is where you want to go.



But instead I get thrown this screen and then to the first lobby screen.


So I land here instead why? (Main Lobby)



This is why... most of the time I press the half hidden button under the "OK" button and get send back to the main lobby.


 Its is frankly really stupid this is possible, for several reasons.

 The user in this case start of in the blue circle and aims to move to the green and press. Its quite easy to miss click then and press the lower part of the green general area and get thrown back instead.

So this is so wrong in so many ways.

First of all,,,,WHY is the button even functional. There is no point having this button be operational at this case. The user wants to see their classes and possible go back after that screen to look at their quest log. In my example I have Priest,Hunter or Rouge to pick from. In this case I might want to go back out to the main lobby and check if any of my current quest corresponds to any of the classes.

But this button makes you go back before you even see the classes, its 100% pointless function. There is never a case you want to go back before knowing the classes. Even in a case were e.g I would have to leave because I missed what time it is and now I have to rush for work. Even in this case I would still just for a glim of a second want to see what classes so I can think about during my travel to work etc. There is just no reason this button is not disabled in this case.

I will assume it should be just turned of really and its a huge mistake its not. But for the sake of argument, lets say it should be possible.

Then its still wrong.. why place it under the other button and not make them separated like give some space in between. The more I look at this the more annoyed I get. Also thinking about this made me realize another issue with the UI.



This is not related to the back button. But I realized this when I was going over the reason one would ever want to go back, to chekc teh quest as mentioned. Why is there no quest log button here=?

Something like this, just get the Question mark icon in there so we don't have to go back each time to check the quest log. The space is kinda limited with the current design but just have the single smaller question mark then somewhere . Don't really matter so much, just seem so unnecessary having to go back to the main lobby screen. This also includes the deck UI screen could be a quest log there as well.