Saturday, October 26, 2013

Marvel Avengers Alliance new meta, empowered isos here we go...season 11.

lol coaster --- Playdom just went and made the game even more pay to win.

Which is really sad. First of the pvp turn order was finally made intelligence something I been talking about for over a year. Made the PvP more skilled based,, then they made this move more money based. P2W. The tier list(separate post) is really not taking the empowered isos in considering but in the future maybe 2-3 season if there is a lot of specific character isos then everyone is using or its what you should use etc. That will have to also be counted in for the tiers, right now I can say right away that actually all Stunners are obviously much worse. More on that later.

 By adding in these new isos that give passive effects and they cost huge amount of golds. There are weaker ones for cp but come on... now the payer can set up a character with 8 x 20 gold lol.Nah Ok the user cant have 8 of the same iso but still, now the payer can get way better characters.

For example the vengeful protector is a bruiser iso for 20 hold that gives the bruiser a chance for an extra turn of they protect. It basically gives them Wolverines passive, set this on a character like wonderman and he becomes a loooot better.

It really is way to many of this stuff to. Honestly I believe there is no way Playdom have balanced tested this.

 Well paying 80 CP to become imune to stun is finally here at least.

Also now heroes can become level 13 so time to exp the best ones. 
 All heroes have 1 slot at any suit and 2 slots at their normal suit. The Agent seems to not be able to use empower isos.

This is an interesting fail balance. Because as most of the new heroes are made to be better then older ones including when they were suits. This makes new heroes like Ares and Wonderman even better as they are as powerful as a suited old hero but with 2 slots.

Well in the end excluding gold isos. Everyone will be using immune to stun I already bought 2. Using Stun characters seems pretty fail soon. And I who had such a progress with ares and Quicksilver...

Some of them are also worthless, like how often do you rest in PvP? The game ends to fast and with all the extra stamina(I been over htis a lot before) resting is like in one of every 100 battle for me.

 This really boils down to an optimal path solution issue, which I love to refer. I use this term a lot in my game research and I usually refer it to Ralph Koster which I think its kinda funny as he used to work at Playdom.... This means that there is no reason not using the stun immune, the relentless buff. As all others are shit, really. Not the gold ones don't get me wrong if u are willing to pay you can get a couple of really good empowered isos. But in the CP ones only the stun one is really worth anything.  Especially when the second best one is the one were all attacks can stun, is obviously negated by the best one. There is no real reason at all using any of the other Cp ones. And the most of the ones the player can farm game, which of course have an amazing low drop rate so people will spend money to respin are not so great. I would say only the Deadpool one is worth having over the stun one. This might be better in the next pve chapter but still.

 I found it funny, when I talked to some people and they claim, well this at least fixed Rouge??? What the stun of rouge was never the issue its the huge damage and extra turns etc. A relentless Rouge you cant stop I take any day over that she might stun you. Furthermore, this actually dident remove Ares strengthen really as his power is mainly in the Coordination, sure his ultimate is worse if everyone is always immune to stun but its still a removal all and cant be blocked. Hes actually arguably better now. As his ally cant be stunned mean higher chance of coordination kill.

 But in most cases this is a huge optimal path  issue as basically everyone is now stun immune. This makes ability's like Spider-mans ultimate useless. Thats a really bad attack slightly balanced that it might stun. Well now it cant no one who can afford the 160 CP would not pay team for PvP.

 Especially as the only good thing Playdom did was to make this isos actually non permanent, so you can remove them from the hero again. Well in a nice to player context its nice, actually nice in the non payer win context too. But I have to say I reason its actually fucks the Meta.
 Because of this it means if the player pay the 160 CP investment he/she can always have 2 stun immune characters and in the future maybe an Agent who cant be stunned either.

Furthermore we are coming back to the issue of the new character with no suit designed to be strong/stronger then the best suits. These guys have 2 slots. Like Ares and Thane, the team I sue. Of course I make them both stun Immune and then I will set good gold Isos on them. They are far better now then other characters. Another nice character now Stun immune Wonderman who gets extra turn when protecting....Its a lot of the rich get richer effect.

Anyway the tier list does not take this in to consideration but I would say that all stun attackers are much worse now, so its kinda false.
 However, one can reason if that everyone is using stun immune means there is no use to go stun characters(ye logic I know), but this actually means that there is no use to actually have stun immunity as no one will be affect by it. This leads to that everyone who uses stun immunity is actually wasting that sloth, so in theory the tier list is accurate as it take in consideration the variety of playstyles and not the specific current hard meta.
 This is all in theory and I believe this might be the case in the future, hopeful it will be.
 The issue right now still comes back to the optimal path, why would I not use the Stun immune, is what the player asks her/himself. Because really what else would the player use. The payer don't have this issue but for CP the others are all bad, this prevent the meta from evolving and right now the meta is just stuck on stun immune. And as I mentioned the balance fail on new characters just mean they are stun immune + something more, like protector = turn for wonderman or Magneto who can use magnetic field as quick action. But people will still run them with stun immune + that. There is not really 2 good isos, hardly 1 for some classes. 



Thats my team before the empowered isos. Quicksilver Ares.
 They actually still perform Ok, but my Agent was running items like Hotshot so now that build was worthless. 


OK, lets ignore these isos and analayze the current meta for the coming end. Well a last point why this change is a lot of pay to win is of course that as they increased the level max to 13. Whales, could buy them all 13 levels for everyone. While it takes like 3 months for a normal user to get there. So yeah,,,, thats a huge difference in stats.

Well ok, one thing I do think that Deadpool is actually playable now with his iso that make him work like Wolverine. But thats only if you have huge stats bonus.

 
 Of the new characters there is some Thane being played. Otherwise as I have mentioned its a lot of Rouges.

The most common team this meta and I am sure it will stay the same the last day is Rouge, Ares.
 But I will say right away that Thane Ares is much better and also counters Rouge, Ares. As Thane completely kills Ares.

 Well first of all, my tip is when you face a Ares team, this 2 teams or maybe Ares + Elektra(decently common). Kill Ares, its the war never change passive that can screw you over. 
 I mention this again as repeating stuff is supposed to teach people faster, I personal just found it annoying but a common Ares item synergy the Agent will have is Waraxe epically with Rouge. So you got to have removal. Ok all team should have at least 1  removal character. Removal also makes most other characters like Red Hulk etc worthless.
 On the other and if you have Waraxe use it with Thane, man hes crazy. I just had a game were he first killed my Ares(he was disoritned) then he one shot his agent(bruiser) and then one shoot his rouge. And  this was with no buffs on him! He gets them low and t hen they die from fatal blow.
 Thane is easily a top character and with his 2 iso slots hes a lot better then most.

 The thing with the meta is that as Blasters has been so weakened to Tacticians for so long its always been an abundance of Bruisers. Especially Bruiser agents. So now its so easy to wreck havoc with finally a good Blaster. (Of course I been going with Iron patriot Blaster for like 3 season but w.e)

Phoenix is completely gone from PvP as she as badly nerfed and there is not many Rescues, finally. I mean she was a 100% free win but it could be annoying at times. As Ares is the absolute main guy now(as I said he would be) and he counters them both hard its clear they cannot be played. 
 Its really just Ares + someone hes the new Emma Frost. And Playdom surprise me with this, they sundered Psylocke and she only had a better coordination attack, this is a guy with both attack and defence and its passive. Thats also why QS and Ares was so good really.
 Sure the stun helped but as QS always goes first, he could get in a double cord attack, as Ares cord is passive before anyone attacks, which is also only a thing Ares has. This would kill most, then QS has one more turn....and of course without the stun immune, they had and my also had agent triple aoe stun. It was really good that team. Now its like decent, usually puts me at adamantium. Because it was really about war never change passive and not the stun.

 Thane and Ares is the OP team right now(which I have in both attack and defense) but now when I have leveled some heroes to 13. I would say other good ones are Magneto, Emma Frost(as always) and a few more.

 Really if there is one thing I always find amusing is people who wanna sound like pros and write stuff like, ooo I change my team everyday you have to adept to the meta. Thats just Bullshit, there is no need to change the tam much in Marvel Avengers Alliance the meta is as its always been very stable, very boring and predictable really. I gone this over before and its the same this season only a handful of characters are worth playing. And sure I might change my team a little, if I say a lot of Bruisers well maybe a Blaster but its really not much change one has to do.
 I don't know really what i want to say with this except making fun of fakers.

 But my theory for the last day is that the best team will be. Magneto and Emma Frost but stun immune and Magneto with QA for his buffs. With a Generalist tanky Agent. Or any older teams like Iron Patriot with Emma.
 The meta is moving back into older characters now when stun is useless. Furthermore as Ares is so easily used single target attacks is a big no no. This is why characters like Emma and Iron Patriot works, as both relay on AoE attacks. Also I see the change towards more Thane this means more Tacticians.
  There is no real good infiltrator especially not as Emma just use mental attacks like always.

 Ok tier list tomorrow.