Monday, April 14, 2014

Quality Maniac: Hearthstone inconsistencies Part 2 Cone of Cold

This has started to really bug me. I have not actually thought about the wording on Cone of Cold. But after writing the part about Stealth. I went breifly went over the cards. And then I saw that Cone of Cold get some really wierd text compared to otehr cards and now when I have seen it. It litterly cannot be unseen each time I see someone play the card I am like ---- fix pls blizz.

 I used to have like 3 golden but I disenchanted them when Cone of cold got nerfed.

So what is the issue?

Its the lakc of proper word, it says and the minion next to it. This is so ugly. Espeically when other card used the term Adjacent.

So first of all there is a bunch of cards taht dont work exactly like Cone of Cold but they are still about card being "next to them" so they use the proper Adjacent term.





Ok so this a few cards that are about a minion in hte middle and using the term adjacent.

However, I can admit if this was the case that we could only compare to them writing next to might be ok.

But then there is this card:


Explosive shot works exactly like Cone of cold. The outcome is different in that it deals 2 damage were cone of cold deals only 1 damage to the adjacent ones and freeze them but mechanical wise this 2 cards clearly works the same.

"Freeze a minion and the minion next to it, and deal 1 damage to them"

I would change this to

Freeze a minion and its adjacent minions, and deal 1  to them.