Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Quality Maniac: World of Warcraft, Get a clue - bugged quest and the solution

So one of the new quest in tannan jungle which is to help Reshad, an Arakkoa (bird allies) who were evil in the burning crusade expansion and most of them are still evil in this, well the holy birds are all evil and now the fel/dark birds are evil so the dark birds are good? Also the time frame for them being cursed and falling down seems to have happen in the past like ages ago, but its also happens right now? Well we are looking for Iskar in this quest and I have read his lore and he was wing clipped and dropped down quit recently but its other birds falling down for w.e reason during the quest line i Arak Spire just saying, that time-line is kinda..weird.


Anyway, Iskar was the leader of the arakkoa fallen tribe guys while Reshad is the constant quest giver and guide. Now we are to find Iskar and this quest, Get a Clue is bugged.

Its really bugged its progression can stop at any time when doing it, its really annoying it also gives a lot of Rep so for my Hunter it took a lot of redoing until I finally got it so she could get the reputation to unlock the navy ship.

This is a know bug I found it on wow forums etc and no reason to have to handle it except abandoning the quest redoing etc. Its actually not solved by reloging or turning of wow, the bnet client etc that does not seem to help at all.

Heres how it looks, the player is looking for clues and they cant pick it up.

 



I would not be writing about this bug unless I had something new to offer, I like finding bugs but this is really the first time I write about a know bug to say.

But I solved it!!!


I find what the issue was, because I know how to test games. So I kept redoing it with my Hunter to see what would cause it.

I might be bugged from other things as well as I read it might just fuck up if you join a raid etc.
 But I think my clue to how it works is the real reason probably for most of those other comment anyway.

And what it is its very simple.

The quest will bug if your inventory is full!




This is something I run into all the time, its no wonder this happened to my character and I assume for rest of the players who get it bugged anyway.

I tested picking up all the clues with full inventory and not full and it will bug 100% for me when its full even do its not an actual item that is picked up. So it shouldn't even be affected by inventory but it clearly is.
 Worse so its that I tried on each clue to bug it by having full inventory and then removing an item so I would know not have full inventory and being able to "pick it up". This does not work. If the game once fail to pick up any of the clue, you are fucked. You will have to abandon it and do it from the beginning.
 And because many players probably go around like me with full or nearly full inventory all the time each time they re start it, it will bug or maybe then they will have like 1 slot get the first clue and then they will have picked something up, likely just trash they auto loot but they loot bodies to hope to get an awesome item. And because of this they can go and get 1-2 clues but as its a lot of mobs and I mean a lot of mobs at this place they will likely all the time get new trash items that fill up their inventory and  then bugging the quest at any given clue, which also leads to more confusion on why it happens.  Quite the annoying little bugger.