Monday, September 3, 2012

In the good old days 3 :Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel





Man I am seriously pissed of right now, I buy a new expansive mic and it just stooped recording during mid stream. I didn't not notice this, so I kept playing the game until I beat the game.

Anyway it is not just the same playing the game agian which I was thinking on. Ok might actually make better statement and ideas etc. But the raw first impression(of a game I have played lie 100+ times before) its simply more true.

So basically here I will write the key points I said during the stages. Also it is epically annoying that it messed up the recording of the games sound as well. Who will play watch those videos now right? It is really an epic lose, I explained the meaning of life during part 3. But here you will only get the key points I made about the game.


Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel. Its the third game I have played as my It was better in the good old days streaming. Its a sequel to the Aero the acrobats games, where Zero was the villain’s right hand.

Stage 1 explained in part 1.

Stage 2 partly explained in part 2.

Ok I got stuck at stage 2, and paused to think for a while. And after this my mic screwed me.
Not much to say about Stage 2. I like how the game lets the user train on the dive gameplay before its more dangerous to do it,

Stage 3. Its a really interesting stage.
First of its really hard, and I make this point like 10 times during stage 5.
Stage 3 has short cuts who are not short cuts, kinda interesting. In one way it feels so evil, but it also feels so right. Tricking the users idea of that its always better to take the secret path.
The lift rop thingy, annoyed the crap out of me, as it was just slowing down the game.
The fire rop thing was really, really hard ok. really hard...

Stage 4
Jetski stage 1.
This is what I am talking about in SP as well. Its a completely other gameplay games started having this during the snes generation and it a really good. I kept joking about how much I wanted to tyr and speed run all the time.

Stage 5
The thing is. I like stage 5 a lot, but stage 3 was a lot harder especially the boss on stage 5 is really easy. That i feel is the biggest blunder of the game(except where I got stuck). I did some amazingly good comparison to my empirical studies of fighting gamers so it was like a Eureka movement there. But really its not a good difficulty curve for the user.
Otherwise I like how the game prepare the user for dive gameplay. Still it is kinda weird the dive on stage 3 was easier but a sure death. Stage 5 dives are harder but a mistake just cost a lot of time.

Stage 6
Jetski stage 2.
This stage is honestly kinda redundant, It do reminds me of the stage 5 in Contra 3/super probotector, and actually maybe I got lucky and but it felt easier then stage 4. Well still it is understandable that its easier to use the same different gameplay again (in new games this would fell more disappointing I am sure). So it is nice that there is a mix,.

Stage 7
Its hard Ok. I died a lot, I got tired a lot. Starting to do many mistakes on the second part of the game. The game offers the classic, face every boss again kinda feeling, I am not against this I actually think its a good way to use the resource the game has. I want to emphasise that I talked a lot about how each Boss in the game is their own, Each boss is a different way to fight. We have the jetpack boss which I hated as a kid. Also note that Zero used a jetpack in the prequel games, there is some coherency which I explained that got lost (and I am to tired to write you can google that instead). And the last boss uses the classic game mechanic of, only being weak to his own weapons. Nothing wrong with using classic gameplay, especially here when it is only used once then its a unique gameplay right?


Anyway sorry that my mic died,,, and apparently removed the sound from the game aswell. I read that I might have to change its USB cord. hmm its really annoying because I did like 4 local test runs before to make sure the sound was good compared to the game sound etc. And then everything worked perfectly.