Monday, January 26, 2015

Quality Maniac: World of Warcraft Inscription.

I am so dam tired of how the inscription works in WoW. Not that it randoms the cards, I don't care about that that's just the twist of the job. No I care about the dam way the player gets the resources needed for the profession.

In World of Warcraft their are a bounce of different professions and I got my main and my well I would call my hunter my second main. Both having inscription, its a decent money making way (although I hardly bother to sell stuff) it creates a trinkets which is always needed for everyone and often hard to get. So a great in game job in that aspect, but Jesus Christ its do am annoying to use it.

I have 2 scribe quarters buildings which uses the game resource cerulean pigments to get the inscription needed resource war paints. And here lies the problem. Getting the cerulean  pigments is so much time wasted. Its basically super easy but takes hours.

And it just makes no sense, no sense at all.

Personally I am quite, quite bored by it right now as I am traveling to Turkey on business tomorrow. I want to fill my 2 buildings to the max, they use the Garrison real time to give me more war paints. And it stacks up to 36 with storage room on level 3. I need 36 x 2 x 2 cerulean  pigments, so 144 ones. Not hard, not impossible but its just such a waste that the system cant be smoother.




The thing is the player gets them by milling herbs. Not any specific herb just herbs in the current expansion. Getting the herb are easier then getting herbs for e.g alchemy were a specific herb is needed. For inscription the player just need 5 of any herb to destroy to get 2-3 cerulean pigments. So I need 720 herbs as well.

 All of that is super easy, one can go and buy it or farm it etc. Just like with any other profession in World of Warcraft.

The major issue is milling.

Milling is for some reason just 1000 times more annoying then other similar things like smelting for blacksmith were the player smelts ore into bars.

 With blacksmith  the player can tell the game to melt all ore into bars. Or any given number 10, 20 etc.

And this has been in the game since Vanilla wow over 10 years ago!!!

For w.e reason inscriptions cant do that. Its just weird, seems like a massive miss in my opinion.
 For inscriptions the player has to personally press the mill button or the mill item and then press the herb. Basically its huge amount of unnecessary clicking in the UI. But that's not the worst part.
 Not only does the player have to that while in for example Blacksmiths the player has all the ores and so on in the UI of  the profession.

 They have to do it EVERY TIME per mill action!!!

IF you want to mill 100 herbs you cannot tell the game to mill the 100 herb stack 20 times, no you have to do this action of pressing the mill button, selecting the stack and repeat that 20 times.
 It just makes no sense.







And its like this every dam day, yes now I have to store up a lot as I am going away for a week. But why cant it just be like Blacksmith.

 Even with a macro that mills any herb easier, basically it just mills the pile of nagrand blooms or fireweed etc that is higher then 5 it still feels so tedious. Because that macro still means you have to press the macro button 20 times. Everyday you need 10 cerulean pigments for  the daily and another 2 for the book daily, which I do to go closer to 700 in skills. Just milling to get those 12 feels tedious by now.






Spam spam spam



 I could see a more advanced macro doing the actually mill per mill but that is probably against the game rules so I wont write it. But if I can script it, I mean I can really see how it is kind easy to write, why cant anyone at Blizzard do it. And please add it it to 6.1 mega patch coming out.

 I haven't used inscription before this expansion but I would also assume its been like this forever...just makes no sense to me.