Friday, January 16, 2015

Marvel Avengers Alliance PvP Season 18 Recap

Well what can I say.

Not much new.

This season 18 was pretty much exactly like 17 in the defense aspect at least.

Yes on my personal attack team I used Molly a lot instead of, well any character as she was uber. But the defenses team was pretty much exactly the same that went over in 17 recap. So its not much new stuff one can include for this season.

It was the same old Pestilence teaming with Red Hulk or Groot or the Groot/Gamora team.

All horrible, even some Gamora Pestilence...which just makes no sense.


Just to emphasize on this again. Damage over time effect is a good, if not the best strategy in almost any turn based games. Its usually is wonderful for safe damage. IN the players control. It never favors the AI. Its atrociously bad for the AI to use that. If anything its a given mechanic in RPGs but for the most part how many enemies in typical RPG is status effect really an issue? Its almost always the player that can get any real use from them.
 In Marvel Avengers Alliance, its so easy to remove stuff, even with Pestilence and the AI will never work with those teams. You want high damage burst teams or teams based on high number of luck mechanics.

SO going back to the whole meta thing and the higher ranks. Emma did work better then Molly, because just like I analyzed on Magneto VS Emma a few months back. Depending on the meta Magneto was better then Emma, in this season with so much tank teams. Almost every team had a tank, psychic attack are the go to response.
 Emma is far the best counter to Pestilence to. Mental tap him- and hes dead. Plus she can herself remove his debuffs after she is dead leaving her to always win the 1v1 if the enemy has for some reason managed to kill anything. Usually she will remove the shit on the agent so he can be utilized right away and take less damage from the stuff in a 2v2 or a 3v2 scenario which is still really good, she clearly a very hard counter to Pestilence in any scenario but in a 1v1 having to fight the last of  their team(usually the agent) she is also then the best to just get free from the debuffs and taping the agent.


Lets talk about how was Molly to climb the ladder with, I basically did like 75 games in a row with her the last day, well unfortunately I faced as mentioned mainly the same team all the time but wow did she beat them.

 What surprised me the most was that I found myself using her ultimate a lot actually. After weakening them with a mental tap (---vs over used Pestilence) he would often be behind a tree wall so I would just spam her ultimate until he died (as her ultimate goes past tanks.
 Other times were it was even better was vs people with lower stats then me, especially lower they have. If they got low stats = Emma using her ultimate instead and then X character to use AoE as well. So by replacing Magneto, which also did fantastic AoE as his third ability is also catastrophic (cant be blocked).

If anything playing so many games with Molly in a row made me realize how even better she is then what I tough on looking at the data!!!

YES BETTER

I put skullthumper on her to give her attack a chance to stun. So by using the ultimate I got a double chance for stun, not only does this stop the enemy team very hard as you can throw like 10 fucking trucks at them for a ludicrous high chance to stun. But stunning them mean she wont get counter attacked anymore. The only drawback for Molly is that they might have a team with stronger counter attack that's will wear her down when she does her 10+ turns. Its huge being able to start with a her ultimate and then usually finishing them with her second attack.
 In other scenarios were I wanted to focus on AoE. I would just throw 10 trucks after having done 1-3 Emma ultimates as well  +1-2 agent signpost(15+% of their max life). I found it some what obvious now in Hindsight but Molly is the best AoE damage character in the game as well. Her damage is just a joke. Being able to do an unblockable AoE attack so many times will surely kill them all. Combine that with another unblockable AoE from Emma and the AoE damage the agent can do. It should be noted Agent does so save damage with signpost and status effects so its around 25% life less everyone has at least with the right geared agent.
 Its almost impossible not to win at turn 2 with Molly as long as she gets her turn. But as she is immune to stun etc they have to pretty much kill her at turn 1.
 Also being scrolled or other type of removal so she loses her buff that gives her taunt is a good thing many games as it just means she wont be attacked as much. She can still user her temper tantrum(infinitive turns) regardless if the raspberry buff is still on her or not.





( I switched to some old good Magneto in the end as I was getting tired of the same spam strategy:)


Getting Nova was not that hard I played from 1450 ca ranking to 1900( then I wanted to test Mag with some new isos) with Molly and Emma losing zero attacks. The only hard time ranking up with this kind of team is....Playdom's servers.

I went to 1650 and couldn't rank up for 5-6 hours. As for 3 hours the game didn't work. This of course happened several more times.. and then during the other 3 hours the game would implement "updates" after each win.

I do not know what is more insulating the always horrible game quality or that they still have the pop telling players to refresh to look at the game improvements. 99% of the player base know that there is no improvements no update, that pop up is just pouring salt on the wound. I really don't get it, feels like one of those obvious bad design flaws.

 But yeah, the hardest part getting to Adamantium is the dam shitty servers. Luckily after that time passed the game suddenly worked flawlessly.
 I mean really flawlessly, the game started loaded instantly and I could gain 300 points or so in 1 hour. After that...it got the normal mediocre speed, a few more hours unplayable.

I often talk about the buffer is more important then any defense team, get higher then a certain t threshold and you wont get attacked anymore.
 I would implore using that buffer even more if the game continues like it has. And I am sure it will. One have to be higher then Adamantium by 300+ or so at least 4 hours before it ends to be safe. That being said its clearly been super easy staying in Adamantium this last season. In previous seasons I would get attacked constantly and lose a lot, as most have dreadful experience from.
 But these 2 latest season means I earn more in defense from their attacks.

Why?

People simply crash all the time when they attack, so attacking in the last 2-3 hours means losing points. Not always of course but it looks kinda weird being up at a high rank way above the border and still gaining in defense as surely the people that attacked at this level should be maxed out with great teams. I used to have maybe 20-30% win ratio in High Adamantium defense. Last 2 season I had 80%+
 NOTE: I got shitty pvp armory stats so its not like I just obliterate anyone that steps on my lawn.

My point is that I get a lot of people telling me and they write on this subject on forums etc on "ALMOST GETTING IN" "Deserving to get in" etc.
 People that think as they were at 1500 or so should deserve Nova... fuck sake.

Get of that idea.

If you cant bother to be above 1550 . 4 hours at least prior you have clearly reached any safe deserving placement. And really being at 1550 is not close to being safe, get to 1800 at least I recompensed 2000+.


Side Note...God dammit why is it Kid Nova. I hate his character in Ultimate Spider-Man. Nova did not get to be in the Guardian of The Galaxy movie and we get Kid Nova----have Marvel just banned any use of classic Nova or something ,Which is weird he is playable in Marvel VS. Capcom 3 and that game is fairly new, well I guess it was more weird how in a Movie were there are 1000+ Nova Corp not a single glimpse of Richard Rider any were.