Thursday, July 26, 2012

League of Legends Champion Review: Jayce



Hello people, My friend forced me back into league of legend, which sparked my hatred for humanity. But anyway I have been playing and competing in the aos genre since I was 13 so I know my way around the genre. I mainly play LOL now as to be with my friends right. I think I kinda got tired of team games since like 5 years back. Games like SC2 and even better fighting games like sf4,mcvc3 etc who are mano a mano feels much better as an esport for me. However I have always really liked playing team sports games like volleyball if the team is correct and works like a fine oiled machine. In the same sense a DOTA, LOL,HON etc can be very fun if the team is at its out most perfection, otherwise....

Anyway lets analyze one of newest champion(heroes). Jayce

Jayce:

Aesthetics:
Hes a pretty decent appearance wise. I think its a pretty good, “light” design. However its pretty bland. I read at some forums how people seem to not like him, calling him to much of a “superman” look alike. But I think its ok, if anything the superman look alike is just good. Altought not a very unique look.
6/10.

Gameplay:
I really this champion because of the 7 abilities. However it is not so simple. Nidale also have 7 abilities so, isn't she also awesome then. I would say no I always felt Nidale is really boring. So I don't wanna simply say, Omg awesome give all new champions massive amount of shit and its good.
With Jayce its first about the switch which is good, second the switch can be down right away at level 1 and it don't cost anything so it can be used more, third most important the skills themself have a nice synergy. This is an important difference from e,g Nidale where her human form just is...... None of her skills feels right in her human skills its 3 completely different skills with no relation. While Jayce Teleport Attack (the hammer in jump), can be combo with his knock-back attack.
In range form he can combo his energy field, with this projectile attack. And overall the user can get of many nice combos from switching back and forth. This is what this genre need more. Creative and fun champions (heroes) to play.

This also leads to a very huge variety of item builds. This is a really good part about any good champion, when the user can use different kind of builds. And I mean really huge different builds. I have seen many of people go for Jayce as carry, bot lane, but he also works as a top hero, as a support and arguably can be placed in middle. Well this might make him be slightly to powerful. I play him as top hero as mentioned, and it truly fells to strong. I go off tank x attack speed build. And its easy to survive against most champions in a 1v1 melee fight. And then go for a range attacks when needed. Makes it very easy to farm and to deny farm for the opponent. And with his movement speed increase he is hard to gank.
I think hes a really good addition 9/10.