Friday, May 28, 2010

Street fighter SM tomorrow




So tomorrow I am gonna compete in the qualifier to Swedens mastership in SSF4. Poorly I had to work to much on my bachelor thesis and I haven't practice at all so my only real chance is play really cowardly and try to hope people haven't played to much against Cody. Also its on the XBOX and they dont provide joysticks....thats a great joke to me if they force me to play on the box at least provide me a joystick which I otherwise play with. They could have picked the ps3 then it would be unfair to box players so they should really provide the sticks not that hard. Especially when the box control is so dreadfully bad to.

- I am right now training on the net with Cody and I found myself many times when I start my ulti they will block the first attack and then take the second or third etc because they dont know when they can break it.

-Coming to that I am now gonna review the new MADcatz joystick for Super Street fighter 4 the tournament edition which I have played with since the day of the release of the game. First I dident want to review on it to fast as I was not used to the style of stick compared to pad I still am better with some characters with pad.

Ok what is good about the stick then first of its really good for just the speed it takes input faster and its easier to spam down a combo of normal attacks etc. Also as the player easier can use several fingers its faster to switch between light-hard attacks. So that is nice for games like Street fighter but for games like Marvel VS Capcom/Blazblue its not so much help as the player only attacks with 4 buttons. The best thing is ofc how the player easily can combine buttons its much nicer throwing of a 3 button attack for ultras in street fighter then with a pad where I always use the 3 input button. And its good for characters like Cody where one button needs to be pressed down for a certain amount of time but I still want to be able to attack, I have tried it with pad it can be done but its almost impossible to do it good.

-ok what is the bad parts then. First the price is obviously very high. So a player really needs to want to play to buy it thats for sure for me personally I dident bought it for just SF but also for Virtua fighter, Blazblue, MVC2 and more fighting games so for me I could justify it otherwise probaly not for just 1 of the games if you dont really really play a lot. Also like I said earlier the stick mostly helps for certain characters I for example Litchi in Blazblue also needs input buttons while you move around very hard with pad. And certain attacks cancel in Virtua is made for sticks.

Well the stick is not just expansive I actually dislike the stick. And with that I mean the actual stick on the control and not the whole control. The buttons is really great I would love to have them combined with using a ps3 pad that would be ultimate for me. The biggest problem I have with the stick is that I found it really hard for it sometimes to accept quarter inputs which ofc in SF is a real big deal its hard to spam hadoukens. And its really hard to do halv circle when you have to do them 2 in a row which makes ultras like Zangiefs easier to do then characters which have double half then.

-In the end I would say buy it if you really like fighting games and like a lot of other says to it will take practice to become better if you are good with pad. But I havent tried out the cheaper version I would guess that could be a better start out if you haven't played fighting games before. Also I have not played with this version of tour stick to box but I am 99% sure its more or less identical to the ps3 version