Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pseudo Interaction part 2






The newly released ff13-2(I been playing it non stop for 3 days now). Features a new non linear exploration. Or does it.

Probably from all the anti hype of ff13, that it was too linear(it was less linear then ff10). Squre enix decide to make the second really not linear, having the user jump trough time itno different places picking their on path.

Problem is,,, its a psuedo interaction, not every time. But for example this images, show when ther user has his/her first path choice after clearing bresha ruins the user can go to eitehr Yaschas massif(10 af) or Sunleth Waterscape, the Sunleth place simply features a to hard of a boss, a boss taht cant be beat if the use dont do otehr stuff first(or level like insane).
 While this is nothing new, that a user has to go to point A before point B, I am merely pointing so far for me the game feel as linear as ff13 as I cant really decide if  I want to start with A or B. I have to go to A first.
My point is the first choice of direction the user can take is not actually existing, Pseudo interaction.