Thursday, September 1, 2016

Marvel Avengers Alliance is closing down !!!

Wow here I am sitting and thinking about a recap for the latest pvp season which I guess now also is the last, it was filled with Faiza Hussiens and Cloak/Dagger. And suddenly I get the message that the game is closing down. - http://help.disney.com/en_US/Marvel

Wow I really did not expect this, I get that some of their games, most noticeable Marvel Avengers Tactics sucked incredible much and they canceled it, but MAA?

Classic Marvel Avengers Alliance has been their golden cow for a long time to my information, I am not surprised at all that they would close of the second (which is more like the third version) and the mobile platform.

Back a few years I was actually writing on a piece on why Tactics would be cancelled as it had so, many,many faults, TRPGs are one of my specialties so I was working on this long article about it and before I finished lol the game was canceled, I think that game was only up for like 2 weeks...

 So that game was just utter crap.


Than the Mobile game, why this is failing is obvious, they want you to start a new account. I can see that they would like you to pay twice the amount but not many people are gonna do this, it would likely give them more revenue if the mobile was just an extension of your FB account, MAA is definitely a game I could sit and play on the buss, doing some pvp fights, getting a boss etc. But no fucking way I will do it with a fresh new account when I already had like 100+ characters when the mobile version was released. Forcing the mobile to be a new account doomed it from the start.
 So instead of increasing their revenue from established users, they probably only got a very few of big whale spenders to buy in both, then I guess got a few new users, same account would likely instead have increased their revenue from a lot of established users, while probably getting no new users(more or less) and while they would not increase their total user I think that would be way better for them.

And of course it not just about money, the established users, would also be happy. I would be happy being able to play it on the move every now and than. Bad decision in both ways, make the established users angry and did not even go for the best money option.


That game is canceled no wonder.


Marvel Avengers Alliance 2, well mobile again, weird faults like tactics, so not actually supporting old users, not having actual good gameplay. Yeah insta death.


But yeah, I did think that MAA was save from being closed, so this really come as a shock. I had personal planned to record videos again following up on my character reviews but I probably will not spend my time doing that now.
 This definitely feels sad, Marvel Avengers Alliance has been a great JRPG type of game with some decent PvP gameplay and of course a lot of cool Marvel characters to play with, the game has used a great variation of characters from the marvel universe which really has been very fun to play with. Already from the start they had characters like jack o lantern etc.


Overall the game has been one of the most advanced Facebook games if not the most, so that is tragic as well that its ending.

For me I guess I will start writing/recording other games more like Hearthstone.

Thanks to all my readers and fans over the years.

Best Regards
/Myrmonden